Weekend Filmmakers Contest!™
Weekend Filmmakers Contest, an ultimate Indie Filmmakers journey to the Big-Screen!
WEEKEND FILMMAKERS CONTEST ™
"Write - Shoot - Edit - Repeat"
Getting to the Big-screen is every Indie Filmmakers dream. Here’s where we differ from others. Win the contest to get a chance in a feature film.
Last date to Register – WILL BE ANNOUNCED
Early Bird Period ON!
Free registrations to all participants till 30th August 2019
*Terms & Conditions applicable
*Terms & Conditions applicable
Rules to Enter the Contest
ALL ENTRANTS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- All films must be made specifically for Weekend Filmmakers Contest 2022.
- Films will be accepted from filmmakers of every age.
- Each film must be no longer than 6 minutes in content. Opening and/or closing credits are not required, but (if added) may add up to an additional 60 seconds in total. (Opening titles are considered to be part of the film, and hence counted in the total duration of the film)
- For Mobile Filmmaking category, a mobile camera should be used which can capture HD Video. For Amateur/Non-Professional Filmmaking category, team should use a DSLR/Mirrorless or professional film camera with atleast 1080p video capture.
- Ensure that all content in your film (including footage, music, images, props, etc.) is your own. If you include any copyrighted or trademarked content, you must be able to provide written permission for its use. Entries containing any unauthorised content will be disqualified.
- Films may be in any language or have no dialogue at all. Non-English audio other than Hindi (or important on-screen text) must have English subtitles.
- Films containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by us, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- A team cannot use stock footage/photographs taken earlier. And film must be shot strictly within the filmmaking period (48-hours period from when the contest begins).
- WFC 2022 accepts any and all genres specified while registration. And the theme of competition will be revealed online on 6-September, 10PM IST.
- WFC 2022 accepts most major video codecs, as MOV/WMV/FLV/MP4/MPEG-4 format. But for best results we recommend using H.264. And film should be less than 1 GB in file size.
- Each film may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit multiple entries, as long as each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant.
- The filename should be your Team ID which will be sent to you after your team has been registered for the contest.
- The teams are required to sign and submit the agreements online which will be sent to Team Leaders’ registered mail ID before the contest begins.
- The film will not be evaluated until the documents are signed and received.
- An upload link will be sent to the same mail ID to submit the film, after the signed documents are received by us and the submission link will be open only till the end of the competition.
- All entries must be submitted online (including uploading of the short film and at least 3 – 10 BTS still images from your film) by close of entries.
- Only films submitted before the deadline will be officially part of the contest.
- The Final film should bear the start/end credits “This film is made for Weekend Filmmakers Contest 2022” to be qualified.
- The entrants whose submissions best capture the theme of this year’s contest are considered the most engaging, imaginative and innovative in content and delivery, will be deemed the winners.
- Top 5 winning teams will be signed to be a part of an upcoming feature film, post their auditions according to their Role/Department.
This year’s judges will be announced soon.
The judges may disqualify a film if they have reason to believe that it does not comply with the entry Terms and Conditions, so make sure you have read them thoroughly!
- We may add to or amend these rules at any time prior to the beginning of the contest period, without informing the participants.
- We operate only in India and entries outside India are strictly not accepted.